is garlic bad for asthma?

Dr. Carlo Hatem
Pulmonary Critical Care 25 years experience
No: No problems with garlic.

Why can't I get confirmation from my doctor that my baby has asthma?

Dr. Arthur Torre
Pediatric Allergy and Asthma 51 years experience
Difficult to diagnos: The diagnosis of asthma is best established with lung function tests that are not feasible in babies. However national guidelines from the nih do give some criteria: recurrent episodes of wheezing, troublesome cough at night, cough or wheeze after exercise cough, wheeze or chest tightness after exposure to airborne allergens or pollutants colds “go to the chest” or take more than 10 days to clear.

How can I manage asthma while pregnant?

Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Multiple factors: You want to avoid or minimize exposure to things that make your asthma worse. You should let your doctor know you are pregnant and review your medications. You should take your medications as prescribed by your doctor. You should have a peak flow meter at home and keep track of your numbers periodically. You should get the flu shot. You should do whatever amount of exercise you are allowed to.

What are the most common asthma symptoms?

Dr. Lisa Roberts
Cough & wheezing: Asthma is a common illness in children that may cause wheezing (a whistling-type sound when the child is breathing, dry tight cough, and labored breathing. In many cases, the cough is worse with exertion (such as when the child is running around/playing) and also at nighttime. It is often brought on by a cold, allergies, sudden change in climate, smoke exposure, or exercise.
Dr. Luis Matos
Dr. Luis Matos commented
Pediatric Allergy and Asthma 45 years experience
Dry coughing during sleep is also common since that is when the body has shut down production of adrenalin and internal cortisone. By the way, post nasal drainage, laryngeal acid reflux, and drainage from dust mite allergy all can cause night time cough.
Mar 4, 2012

I have heartburn; can it worsen asthma?

Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Yes.: Reflux (especially at night) is a known asthma trigger.

Is the primatene mist asthma inhaler banned?

Dr. Joseph Bouvier
Phased out: Primatene (epinephrine) mist was phased out as of dec 31, 2011 primarily due to cfc's (chlorofluorocarbons) being banned and other better asthma medicines.
Dr. Richard Williams
Pharmacy 18 years experience
The manufacturer of primatene is asking the FDA to keep this over the counter rescue inhaler on the market since some asthmatics cant afford the prescription kinds or donot have ready access to a physician.
Sep 15, 2012