U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 39-year-old member asked:

I'm worried because my boyfriend has bad asthma, what do you suggest?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Michael Zacharisen
Allergy and Immunology 34 years experience
See specialist: Asthma can be severe and even life threatening. Frequently patients underestimate the degree of severity of asthma. It's reassuring that he has a person who cares deeply about his health. An asthma specialist (allergist or pulmonologist) is specifically trained to develop a treatment plan including avoiding asthma triggers, medications and possibly allergy shots to control asthma. Don't delay!

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Similar questions

A 48-year-old member asked:

I'm worried because my asthma has gotten really bad, what do you suggest?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Richard Williams
Pharmacy 19 years experience
See your physician: If your asthma has worsened, you may need a correction in your "controller" inhaler. If you are not using one, you may be a candidate. Only your physician can make this determiniation. Good luck.
Last updated Jan 17, 2014
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.