good day. my son still got 40.2 fever inspite of 3 paracetamol administered within the 24 hours. i'm putting cold towel in the forehead. is this ok?

Dr. Swati Avashia
Internal Medicine and Pediatrics 23 years experience
How does he look?: I wouldn't focus on the degree of his fever, i would focus on how he looks. Fever is a normal part of the body's way of fighting infection. If he is really fussy, hard to arouse, not eating well, not drinking well, or not playful he needs to be evaluated. I would also take him to be evaluated if he is a young child, less than 3 years of age.
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Geriatrics 40 years experience
Yes: Ok to lower temperature by physical means. Some pediatrics recommend both Acetaminophen and Ibuprofen together to control fever. Keep in touch with his pediatrician.
Dr. Reid Blackwelder
Use tepid water: To help with decreasing discomfort, many things have been tried including using cold water clothes. As fever is an important way the body releases heat, cold water can actually make fever worse by triggering chills. Better to use warm/tepid water (70 degrees). Be sure child stays hydrated too.