A 36-year-old member asked:

What do experts consider effective ways to reduce, or deal with eye floaters?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Richard Scartozzi
Ophthalmology - Retinal Surgery 21 years experience
See an eye doctor: A retina specialist can help. Eye floaters can be removed with vitrectomy surgery, but this is usually considered too invasive for a benign condition. New/worse floaters require an urgent dilated retinal exam to rule out a serious retinal condition.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 16-year-old male asked:
Can apple pectin or other natural herbs reduce eye floaters in the eye?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 45-year-old member asked:
What's an effective treament for a floater in my left eye?
2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
A 23-year-old male asked:
Is there chance that eye floater's reduce or removed naturally with time?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Last updated Sep 12, 2013
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$44 video appointments with $19/month membership*
*Billed $57 every 3 months. Cancel anytime.


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.