What is a good way to cure hammer toes?

Dr. Libby Putnam
Podiatry 13 years experience
Surgery vs. padding.: If you catch hammertoes in the early stages, a small, in-office procedure to release one of the tendons will often allow the toe to lie straight again. If the toe deformity has become rigid, the surgery is more involved. It's an outpatient procedure in an operating room, and can involve bone cuts, pins, screws, or other implants. Without surgery, your best bet is padding to reduce your discomfort.
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry 23 years experience
Options: Treatment options for the management of hammertoes include conservative and surgical management. Conservative management options include use of orthotic devices, change in shoe wear, medications such as oral no-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (nsaids), steroid injections, padding of corns and calluses, and splinting and strapping.