A 38-year-old member asked:

What to do if i was running up stairs and hurt my ankle, what should i do?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Jeffrey Kahn
46 years experience
Ice and elevate: Apply ice, elevate the extremity above your hips and use an anklet for support. If the area remains painful consult your physician or podiatrist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 6, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.