Twin Valley, MN

Sharp stabbing pain in left side of chest in ribs next to breast. stops me in my tracks and can't move. last 1-5 mins. ideas? be worried?

Dr. Fernando Garcia
Anesthesiology 36 years experience
Chest pain: The pain you describe is most often musculoskeletal and may be a strained intercostal muscle. It can be due to activity or a cough but if it is at rest, is associated with shortness of breath, chest pressure or other similar symptoms seek immediate medical attention. Women often have less signs of a heart condition and their first event is often a more serious one then men.

Last updated Mar 16, 2018