U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 20-year-old male asked:

Hi doctor.have vomitedblood twice in past 3 months due to alcohol consumption.doctor gave me omeprozle n rabeprozle tab.do i hav chronic erosive gast?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Trachella Johnson foy
Family Medicine 21 years experience
Need further test: It is difficult to say if you have chronic erosive gastritis without having an upper endoscopy done. However your symptoms suggest possible problem. However- vomiting blood is never normal and you should be see asap. You could have and ulcer that can perforate and be life threatening. Avoid alcohol until you have been seen- but you need and egd- i would encourage cont use of med to help.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 25, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.