what is cause of my ankles swelling?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Jeffrey Bowman
37 years experience Podiatry
Many things: Swelling can brpe due to hypertension, salt, alcohol, poor circulation, injury and many moe. Check with your doctor.
Answered on May 23, 2013
Dr. Michael Miller
35 years experience Wound care
Water and gravity: Our bodies have a large amount of water needed to keep organs functioning. The vessels that carry the fluids are not perfect and they can leak. Also, our tissues have a certain amount of water to stay moist and pliable. Gravity works to pull the fluids down towards the feet even in healthy people. It will worsen as the day progresses. Treatment is compression socks/elevation. Avoid water pills.
Answered on May 5, 2019