U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 40-year-old member asked:

How do i get rid of the sour gas feeling in my stomach? tums (calcium carbonate) and pepto don't seem to work

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Yash Khanna
Family Medicine 58 years experience
Try Zantac/Prilosec: You can try over the counter zantac(ranitidine)or prilosec(omeprazole) as directe.If that does not relieve your symptoms you should consult your doctor.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 4, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.