i frequently change my baby's diaper. why is he still getting rashes on his groin?

Dr. Lisa Roberts
Could be yeast: If your baby has a persistent, red rash involving the skinfolds that does not improve with frequent diaper changes, or diaper rash cream, it could be a yeast infection. Yeast normally live on the body, but like to grow where the skin remains moist. If your baby is not having pain, your doctor may recommend an OTC anti-fungal cream. Another possibility is allergy to the diaper; try changing brands.
Multiple factors: Diaper rashes occur when babies skin barrier is unable to resist the germs & chemicals is stool & urine. To keep moisture from leaking out, diapers can keep lots of moisture in. This can aggrivate the problem. Some diapers do a better job with moisture control than others. You can add to babies skin defenses with protective barriers like petrolium jelly. Babies skin may just be very sensitive.