U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 44-year-old member asked:

I got an enlarged heart about 4 months ago. now with heart failure. what should i be worried about and what should i be doing?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Calvin Weisberger
52 years experience
Heart failure: You should be under the care of a physician and if available in a heart failure program. Diet and appropriate exercise as well as multiple effective medications are part of the regimen. Sometimes technology is used or surgery if appropriate. You should be learning about your disease from your care team and what to be doing to help yourself.
Last updated May 27, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.