U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Freeport, IL
A 35-year-old female asked:

I'm a teacher and i have had 5-6 ear/ sinus infections since oct. only one antibiotic works and its hard on my system. what can i do ?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Robert Stachler
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 33 years experience
Sinus infections: Find out what you are allergic to and treat that. An ENT doctor can help you. They can also see if you have an anatomical abnormality which predisposes you to an infection. Good luck !
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Mark Loury
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 41 years experience
See ENT: As about 5-20/1000 colds become sinus infections, your rate is way too high. May have infected mucous collection that contains resistant bacteria or can't drain out. May have structural problem preventing sinus drainage. May need culture of mucous, allergy assessment if you have allergy, and ct scan. Low vitamin d levels are associated with increased risk of colds so have that checked.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 13, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.