a few days ago, i was doing a stunt and i jumped off my friends hands and landed really hard on my right foot.now it hurts when i run.what should i do?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Sean Haslam
13 years experience General Practice
RICE therapy: If your pain comes only when you run, but otherwise you experience no pain, then consider rice therapy. Rice stands for rest, ice, compression and elevation. Rest your foot by not running, ice it when you have pain, use compression in the form of an ace bandage, and elevate your foot above the level of your heart. If symptoms persist, or you have pain with walking, then visit to your doctor.
Answered on May 17, 2013
1
Dr. William Newton
18 years experience Pain Management
Relative rest: If you can walk on it then it is not likely broken. You probably have sprained the ligaments in the foot. This should improve with time and relative rest or reduction in physical activity. Use ice and elevation to treat swelling and pain. If no better in a week or so or you have difficulty walking, then see your doc.
Answered on May 18, 2013
1
Dr. Wenjay Sung
13 years experience Podiatry
Foot pain: Try resting it (for 1-2 weeks), icing, compressing wraps or bracing, and elevating your rolled ankle. Take otc antiinflammatory drugs like advil (ibuprofen) or Motrin as directed by the manufacturer to help. If clicking or feeling of ripping or instability, get it checked out by a foot doctor (podiatrist). Hope this was helpful, if so please vote for me. Thanks!
Answered on Jun 30, 2014
1