Denver, CO

I have a really bad bladder infection and i just got antibiotics for it from my doctor last night. i woke up and my back is killing me! can you help?

Dr. Ihab Ibrahim
Pain Management 29 years experience
Drink water: Get a back rub. Nothing like kind hands! tylenol (acetaminophen) 1000 mg, every 8-12 hours, as long as your liver is ok. It is not really your back that is hurting you, but deeper inside. Yet a back rub will induce your brain to relax, and take the edge off, until the infection subsides, and real source of pain go away.
Dr. David Adler
Call your Dr: Call your dr now. You might be developing a kidney infection. If so, that can be very severe. Better to be safe than sorry. Feel better and best of health to you.

Last updated Jun 10, 2013