Alexandria, LA

i have a severe toothache that sends pain down my jaw andneck. i am a diabetic and have hypertension. which otcmedicine can i take?

Dr. David Mcnay
Dentistry 26 years experience
I wouldn't wait: You likely have a pretty bad infection if it is hurting that badly, i would recommend you find a dentist asap. Toothaches are no fun and very few medicines can actually touch a toothache like that including narcotic pain meds. Ask your regular doctor what he would recommend. I hope your ache is resolved soon.
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry 36 years experience
Your diabetes will make it harder to heal from an infection. See your dentist asap
May 11, 2013
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
See ur dentist: Severe toothaches cannot be managed with otc pain meds. The sooner you see a dentist the sooner you will feel better.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
Emergency care!: A severe toothache alone warrants you seeing a dentist asap for treatment. The combination of toothache, diabetes and hypertension just gives you even more reason to not let things go. Infections are serious enough even in individuals without medical complications. See a dentist asap for diagnosis, treatment and appropriate medications. In the meantime, take what you would for a headache.