If a webr b fx is described as unstable but has good alignment what does this mean is it possible bone fragments could move and go back to alignment ?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Kamran Janjua answered

Specializes in Radiology

Possible: The question is, what else is wrong: is there damage to the interosseous ligament, surrounding ligaments, etc? Even if the bones heal, those likely won't. A lot depends on seeing the images, which will be something that can be done starting next month. Feel free to check out http://conciergeradiologist.Com next month for details.

Answered 7/5/2013

5.1k views

Dr. David Bloome answered

Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

Medial ankle injury?: An unstable distal fibula fracture typically means that there is further injury to the medial ankle (fracture or ligament damage) that renders the ankle joint unstable. An isolated distal fibula fracture is often a stable injury even with some displacement. Surgery is only recommended for an unstable ankle injury.

Answered 7/2/2013

5.1k views