Billerica, MA

My labs came back today and my serum protein is 8.3. is this normal or should i be worried? i have to go back in a month to get it tested.

Dr. Jack Rubin
Nephrology and Dialysis 48 years experience
Elevated protein: The first question i would ask is, what is your albumin? If your serum Albumin is less than 50% of your total protein, you may have a paraproteinemia. Then, you would need to go to a hematologist and have a serum protein electrophoresis (ep) as well as an immunoglobulin ep of your blood. If you have any serious blood condition, these tests will diagnose it. Good luck.

Last updated Jun 24, 2014