Gig Harbor, WA
A 65-year-old male asked:

Who is the best specialist to see for tourettes syndrome in an adult male?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Peter Corrado
Family Medicine 43 years experience
See a neurologist: Tourettes syndrome is a neurologic disease that causes motor and vocal tics. It begins in childhood and has a complex genetic inheritence. There are a number of treatments available including medication and behavioral modification. Ask your family doctor if they can recommend a neurologist experienced in treating this problem.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Mohammad Homsi
Neurology 35 years experience
TIC DISORDER: Tourettes syndrome is a chronic neurological disorder, the patient should have a combination of motor and vocal tics for at least one yeat, it can be associated with comorbidity of adhd, anxiety and ocd, treatment icnclude therapy and medication, the most common one is pimozide, needs to be prescribed by the neurologist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 20-year-old female asked:
Is it possible to develop Tourette's syndrome after seeing someone with Tourette's syndrome?
2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
A 43-year-old member asked:
Could tourette's syndrome get worse with stress?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 22-year-old female asked:
How are misophonia and tourettes syndrome related?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 30-year-old member asked:
Can anyone with tourette's syndrome develop coprolalia?
1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
A 50-year-old female asked:
Is there a correlation between misophonia and tourette's syndrome?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated Aug 5, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.