i just went to dr i got my yeast infection backsex is painful its ruining me is there anything i can buy that will clear it up for good?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Chris Hayes
Specializes in Family Medicine
No. Sorry.: I'd advise avoiding sex for a week to let things heal. There's no way to get rid of yeast permanently, but if you avoid douching, take a probiotic every day, keep your blood sugar under control by limiting sweets and carbs, and make sure the vaginal area stays well-ventilated (don't wear leggings or bike shorts all the time), then you'll probably have fewer yeast infections.
Answered on Nov 6, 2013
1
Dr. Robert Uyeda
45 years experience General Surgery
Recurrent : Infections might mean you have undiagnosed medical condition, such as diabetes, that predisposes you to infection. Ask your doctor about it. Or it could mean that you are getting reinfected from your partner too.
Answered on May 4, 2013
1