how to remove really bad athletes foot?

Dr. David Hettinger
Podiatry 36 years experience
To start with...: The best otc medication (in my opinion) is lotrimin (clotrimazole) ultra. Socks should be a synthetic material (i know i'll take heat for this) like those manufactured by thorlo [http://www.Thorlo.Com/]. Dilute vinegar soaks are good as well. Dry the inside of your shoes by placing them up-side down over an air return vent at home overnight. If this doesn't make things better in a couple days, see a podiatrist.
Dr. Jeffrey Bowman
Podiatry 38 years experience
Athlete Foot: Usually a topical antifungal is given. Sometimes an oral medication is needed or steroid.
Dr. Azen Jukic
Dr. Azen Jukic commented
Pathology 28 years experience
Important thing is first to make sure it is fungus and not psoriasis, for instance. See a dermatologist.
May 6, 2013