What is causing my toe nail bed to become increasingly smaller?

Dr. S. Yvonne Conner
General Practice 45 years experience
Fungus Among'us: One very common cause for this is fungus in your nail beds. The skin becomes attached to the nail bed and it seems like your nail bed is getting smaller. A comprehensive program of reducing sugars in your diet, local anti-fungal drops with tea tree oil, checking to make sure you have normal blood sugar, and oral medication if needed.
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Podiatry 42 years experience
Couple of reasons: Often times if the toenail is injured or a priec of the toenail is removed, say for an ingrown toenail, the skin my grow closer to the nail and appear narrower.
Dr. Alan Ettinger
Podiatry 50 years experience
Do: You mean the nail is curving. Nail beds do not shrink.