Could you tell me what are cures for irritable bowel syndrome?

Dr. Laurence Badgley
General Practice 54 years experience
None: In order to cure a disease, doctors first need to know cause. Cause of ibs is unknown. Donnatal (phenobarbital atropine hyoscyamine and scopolamine) & Bentyl are prescription medications with known efficacy. Imo ibs is a functional problem caused by impingement of parasympathetic neural system within the pelvic presacral plexus. Pelvic girdle dysfunction from hypermobility is the culprit. There is no easy repair for this biomechanical problem.