My newborn umblical cord fell off today, what's the best way to take care of her new belly button?

Dr. Bradley Younggren
Emergency Medicine 22 years experience
Umbilical Care: Keep it dry. Roll down the diapers to it is not covered up. Some recommend rubbing alcohol on the belly button area four times a day for the next week which helps keep it dry.
Dr. Mike Moore
Dr. Mike Mooreanswered
Clean gently: Clean gently with soap and water. Make sure you rinse and dry it. That should be all you need to do. If it starts to get irritated or infected, see your family physician or pediatrician right away!
Dr. Cristina Carballo
Dr. Cristina Carballoanswered
Neonatology 39 years experience
Alcohol wipes: I always tell my parents to wipe the cord stump with alcohol wipes with each diaper change until it is completely dries out. Especially re-reinforce to them not give submerging baths until it is completely dry.