A female asked about a 63-year-old female:

if a mole is sometimes itching but itching isn't persistent, this could be a sign of skin cancer? knowing that the mole isn't perfectly symmetrical

Dr. Bahman Omrani
Pain Management 17 years experience
Could be : Consult your doctor or dermatologist for any suspicious moles. Educate yourself about the abcd's of melnoma (this applies to other moles & skin lesions as well). See http://www.Melanomafoundation.Org/prevention/abcd.Htm.
Dr. Coyle Connolly
Dermatology 29 years experience
Mole: Intermittent itching can be a sign of skin cancer. See a dermatologist to have any suspicious mole examined for skin cancer.
Dr. Travis Kidner
Surgical Oncology 17 years experience
See your derm: Any skin lesion that begins to itch, bleed, or ulcerate should be brought to the attention of your friendly dermatologist.
Dr. Azita Madjidi
Plastic Surgery 30 years experience
you need a biopsy to be sure of what it is. Any changing mole requires a biospy.
Apr 23, 2013