So.. my grandson had a frver(gave him tylenol for kids).. and now he is congested and stuffy with a cough. so i gave him robitussin (cough & cold). my question is can i give him a half of a claritin (10 mg) or will it hurt him in any way.?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh answered

Specializes in Pediatric Allergy and Asthma

The use of Claritin is not recommended unless for treatment of an allergic reaction. Nasal saline spray and a humidifier often provides relief of congestion. Watch for signs of shortness of breath, worsening fever and cough. Avoid spread of the infection by good hand washing and wearing a mask. Home COVID 19 test is recommended.

Answered 4/23/2022

0 views

The pattern of symptoms requires no treatments at all, unless the kid is crabby from fever. In that case Tylenol can be beneficial. We have counselled against giving cough / cold treatments to kids for decades, having found them of little or no benefit under the age of 12. Focus on good nutrition, hydration and rest and it should pass in due time.

Answered 4/19/2022

0 views