IL

Can i get tetanus from touching an earring of mine the needle like part that fell om the floor in a restaurant? it fell under my shoe and there was dirt on the floor in the restaurant and i stepped on the earring with my shoe and then picked it up?

Dr. Robert Trager
Dentistry 56 years experience
You have to have a blood contact if you put it in your ear and drew blood. If you cut yourself on an object that is dirty than you could be subject to a tetanus infection. The tetanus spores can last for years. Wash off your earing in alcohol.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 26, 2022