Is 1.7mg/dl bilirubin a jaundice? i test liver function test and my bilirubin is 1.7mg/dl. my other sgpt and sgot is normal. i went hospital of nausea, diarrhoea and excessive gas in stomach and belching?

Neurology 53 years experience
Jaundice refers to a yellow coloration best seen over the whites of the eyes (scleral icterus). Associated increased bilirubin can cause dark urine and changes in stool color. Your isolated bilirubin level is not a concern. If you need more extensive evaluation, a virtual consult here at HT might provide value. (www.connect@healthtap.com)
Pathology 50 years experience
All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Talk to the doctor who ordered the tests. Having said that, if your bilirubin level is stable, it is not a cause for concern as it may be your normal. Wish you good health!

Last updated Jan 2, 2022