My girlfriend had the essure procedure done and 4 years later she has no period. she took a hpt and the first one was negative the second was positive and the last two where done at the her ob/gyn, and they where negative. what is causing this?

7 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

The Essure does not effect periods so it seems more likely that her periods are becoming less regular as she gets older. Her Ob/Gyn should have evaluated her for other possible problems and pregnancy has apparently been ruled out. She probably then had a false positive HPT, which are rare but not unheard of.

Answered 11/30/2021

0 views

I don't know what the "essure procedure" is, but I assume your girlfriend (if her age is similar to yours) is menopausal with one false positive HPT. An examination and further testing by a trusted ob-gyn should provide the answer to your question.

Answered 11/30/2021

0 views