U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 36-year-old male asked:

Hi. i have a ( bad skin rash on both sides of my beard ) ive have for 12 years from using 70% isopropyl alcohol ) on my face. ive tried hydrocortisone, tretnoin , prescription steroid cream , etc. please help me diagnosis what this is i have ???

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 48 years experience
Skin issues arise from many possible triggering agents and can be a sign of systemic illness. The more localized it is the more likely it is from something you put on that skin. True diagnosis of skin issues usually requires a direct visual exam & occasionally testing. No diagnosis can be made from the information you provided. A contact dermatitis is suggested but other possibilities exist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 1, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.