VA

Why when i pull on my earlobe does a cracking sound happen in my ear and why does it feel wet now? happened out of no where but i have a terrible pressure in my head and bad allergies but it just started out if no where while laying down?

Dr. Frank Amico Sr
Addiction Medicine 44 years experience
the most likely explanation to what your experiencing is that you have a wax build up and every time you tug on your ear the wax, which can be very soft will temporarily log the ear canal and give the wet crackling sound. The other explanation is you might have congestion in the middle ear giving the same sound
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Theodore Fetter
51 years experience
Allergies and head pressure may indicate you may have middle ear fluid/congestion from allergy. Try OTC allergy pill (e.g. Zyrtec, Allegra, or generic). Cracking sound in ears can be due to mid ear fluid. Also get general ear exam to check for ear wax.
Last updated May 28, 2021