NY

How concerned should i be about what i assume is a swollen, tender lymph node in front of my ear? i've had ear/ jaw pain & ear canal is somewhat swollen, warm. doctor felt node and said it's not worrisome. but my health anxiety is spiraling. help?

Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
The lymph node is reactive to the inflammation in your ear that has to be watched and/or treated properly. Once inflammation in the ear canal is controlled/resolves, lymph node will fade away in time. Health related anxiety may need to be addressed separately with cognitive behavioral therapy/ relaxation techniques.
Pathology 50 years experience
You may feel the nodes every couple of weeks, if any of the lymph glands doubles in size, becomes painful, ulcerates, or other nodes become enlarged, or you develop fever, or lose weight, you should see a doctor. Wish you good health!

Last updated May 27, 2021