India

I been spotting brown discharge for 2 weeks now in between i took a pregnancy test but it was neg. could be pregnant ? and my previous period is march 8 ?could i have tested too early, if so when should i test? is this a sign of pregnancy?

Dr. John Berryman
If the pregnancy test was done prior to onset of bleeding, the home pregnancy test may not detect low levels of HCG. The brown discharge may represent pregnancy outside the uterus (ectopic), so obtain a serum HCG test, which will detect low levels of HCG. Regardless of the results, see your gyn provider for an exam and other testing, as there are other causes for bleeding possible.
Last updated May 12, 2021