ZA

I took a test this morning as my period was a day late. the test was positive for pregnancy. i have been seeing brown spotting for 3 days now as discharge. is this a bad thing? does this signify a miscarriage?

Pathology 49 years experience
Blood HCG: You should get a blood HCG level and repeat it in 2-3 days. In a normal viable pregnancy, HCG levels double every 2-3 days. If the HCG level is not rising, it would be prudent to see your doctor. Wish you good health and a healthy baby!
Dr. Lauren Bickel
Specializes in Family Medicine
Hard to say: Spotting in someone with positive pregnancy test can mean: (1) At this early point it could be related to the implantation of the fertilized egg/developing embryo into the uterine wall (in which case should stop very soon), or (2) could indicate something not right with pregnancy which could ultimately result in a miscarriage. There is really no way to be sure except waiting & seeing- hard tho!

Last updated Feb 25, 2021