Sweden

i had my face burned by facial hair waxing two days ago, now i have large red raised marks on my face and am scared, do i need medication? is this permanent? please help me.

Dr. Milind Ambe
Plastic Surgery 33 years experience
You are not scarred: Most likely, you have a 2nd degree burn, given the the marks are red and raised. With 2nd degree burns (like a sunburn), the marks wiill most likely fade within a week or so. It may be advisable to use a medication called silvadene, (silver sulfadiazine) which your primary care doctor can prescribe for you. You should do just fine.
Dr. Bahman Omrani
Pain Management 17 years experience
Complicated face wax: Pain, soreness, ingrown hair, dryness, irritation, sensitivity, bleeding and "skin bumps" are some complications of facial waxing. The red raised skin lumps should improve in less than a week and are prone to infection. Remedies such as application of which hazel & aloe vera & avoidance of sun exposure may help. However, a dermatologist should be consulted as facial infection is a risky business.
Dr. Steve Springer
Two Things to Know: Your skin type (fair vs darker skin) and the level or severity of the burn are the two most important factors in terms of how long you may see the effects of your current skin condition. I would highly recommend seeing a doctor given your line of work. If the burn is low level and your skin fair....You may be just fine. I would still let someone peek at it however.

Last updated Sep 28, 2016