AZ

Dr. i had complete heart block and was told i was flat for 50 beats that didn't happen. i just got a pacemaker 4 days ago bit can't walk to long with out losing breath .i start out like superman and it feels like i am on kryptonite ,heart failure?

Dr. Richard Romano
I am not sure of the timing of your symptoms and or how stable you are. You should see a cardiologist as soon as you can. I don't have details sufficient to say you need to go to the emergency room but may need to.
Agree with advice provided by Dr. Romano. I do not understand the statement “flat for fifty beats”. Cardiac arrhythmia of this type may be associated with heart failure which may require modification of the pacemaker function. Also it is possible that you have had heart failure. Follow up with a cardiologist for further evaluation and treatment.
Last updated Apr 20, 2021