U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 51-year-old male asked:

Hypertensive crisis response to medications (beta blockers, diuretics, calcium channel blockers, arbs, etc.) (lisinopril no problem though) & foods ( any vinegar, oats soy, cream of rice, agave. not allergy. what type of dr. should i see help?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Richard Romano
Internal Medicine 9 years experience
We need more details to address your concern. When I have a patient resistant to multiple blood pressure medications or not controlled on several medications, I look for secondary hypertension. This comes from training as an internist. I have worked with hypertension specialists who do the same.
Dr. Ramalingaier Parameswaran
Specializes in undefined
I would recommend a kind, patient physician experienced in the treatment of hypertension. Anxiety can make blood pressure control difficult. Special tests may be required but trust in your physician and strict adherence to diet and medications is essential. Please also remember that reassurance and psychotherapy may also be useful if all other measures are being taken. I wish you good luck.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Related questions

A 43-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
A 31-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated Apr 21, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.