ZA

hi doc please help my mother went into what we have been think8ng was an severe anaphylactic shock last week due to peanuts, she was taken to the er and discharged a few hours later,she is now tired all the time and her legs are weak?

Neurology 52 years experience
Allergic to peanuts: She absolutely must avoid peanuts, as anaphylactic shock is life threatening. Depending upon her age, it will take several days to recover, but if straightforwards, she should have no lasting consequences. Focus on gentle ambulation, hydration, nutrition, and sleep. Contact the ER to check if you should return. However, expect successful recovery.