NY

can a dental problem cause pressure (not pain) in one side of forehead/ temple area and tinnitus? the ear canal was swollen for a couple weeks, but has since improved, but tinnitus remains, as does pressure for 4 wks now. had possible sinus infection?

Dr. Neil McLeod
Prosthodontics 49 years experience
It's Sinusitis: Your probably have sinusitis. There are a number of sinus spaces lined with mucous membrane which when dry can not drain properly and get infected. It can feel like toothache, and they are connected to the ear by the naso-pharynx. Get a humidifier, and see your doctor.
Dr. Robert Trager
Dentistry 55 years experience
Very unlikely: A infected upper wisdom tooth that is swollen and causing pressure in area could put pressure on your ear but most likely the cause of your TINNITUS is constant loud noise, stress and alcohol .See an ENT specialist.