ZA

when i lay on my back for long periods of time i get a sharp pain in my chest. the pain is mostly in my upper back section. i have insomnia and i fear it may have caused a heart complication. the pain is mild and goes away when i stand up. ?

Pathology 49 years experience
Need to examine: It is not feasible to provide a meaningful opinion without taking additional history, physical examination and may be some tests. It would be prudent to see your doctor and discuss if you may be depressed. Counter-intuitive as it may seem, exercise may help. Start with low intensity exercise such as walking and gradually increase the intensity as tolerated. Drink more water. Wish you good health!
Dr. Harold Fields
Cardiac: It doe s not sound cardiac but musculoskeletal. Try moist heat applications to your back and an anti inflammatory. If this does not help see your physician. Good Luck