ZA

I have been bitten quite badly by a cat on my hand. puncture wounds on both sides. have cleaned with dettol and put a dressing on but very painful and swelling. i am sure i had a tetanus injection in the past 10 years but not sure. what must i do?

Infection: Go to ER. Cat bites can become badly infected which may lead to lose of function in the hand. The fact that it is swollen and painful suggests you have an infection. Please get seen at an Emergency Room. This could be serious.
Pathology 49 years experience
Agree with Dr. F: You need to seek medical attention to attend to the almost certain bacterial infection in your hand. Wish you good health!

Last updated Jan 7, 2021