Pascagoula, MS

9w pregnant. was loading something in car w/ engine running outdoors in open air, noticed exhaust fumes while loading car. exposed 3-5 minutes to this exhaust while outside of car. i few so stupid for not shutting car off. did i harm my baby?

Pathology 49 years experience
No: Do not worry, the exposure to exhaust gases in the open will not do you or your baby harm. Take prenatal vitamins. Participate in regular antenatal care. Wish you good health and a healthy baby!
Doubt it: I cannot see this exposure reaching a level high enough to trigger any change in the fetus. I would certainly want to avoid such things when you can.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Agree with Dr. Ferguson. However leaving car running is a waste of natural resources, unnecessary wear and tear to your car, and un necessary pollution.
Dec 28, 2020