GB

can looking at a bright phone screen first thing in the morning in a dark room cause permanent eye damage?

Dr. Padmashri Rastogi
Mydriasis: When one is in dark room, pupils of eyes dilate to allow more light to enter. Any exposure to bright light from phone screen, computer monitor screen, television or any other device is more harmful in dark room. If ambient light is available prior to looking at the bright light, pupils will be normal and even constrict in the presence of bright light protecting the eyes. Hope it helps .
Dr. Stan Coleman
Ophthalmology 63 years experience
I know of no permanent eye damage caused by the described situation.
Dec 25, 2020