India

I have taken regerstrone 5 mg for 5 days for withdrawal bleeding..i had very light bleeding in that particular month.. does taking regerstrone affects my next month period???will my next month period be delayed as i have taken regerstrone earlier?

Dr. Yvette Kratzberg
Menstrual Cycle: Regestrone contains progestin which is a form of Progesterone. In Females, Progesterone and Estrogen regulate the Menstrual cycle each month. Any change in the hormones may cause the cycle to reset or cause a shift in the cycle. Progesterone spike typically causes the endometrium to slough off resulting in a period. If you took the med early there was less endometrium built up.

Last updated Dec 20, 2020