U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 32-year-old female asked:

I had a dog bite above the upper lip into my lip.what can i do now to minimize the scaring?how long after healing should i look at alternative treatments like lazer plastic surgery for the scar and what would be the best option for brown indian skin?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Steven Simon
A Verified Doctoranswered
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 39 years experience
Plastic surgery: Some doctors specialize in tissue repair. Plastic surgery is that specialty, and can advise you on this issue. A lot depends on the extent of damage, your healing process and scar formation. Good luck
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 37-year-old member asked:
Is the any plastic surgery interventions to remove scar on head?
4 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
A 37-year-old member asked:
I have scars on my skin from laser treatment, what can I do to get rid of them?
2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
A 32-year-old member asked:
Which is a more effective treatment for acne scars: chemical peeling or laser skin resurfacing?
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Last updated Dec 26, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.