ZA

i want to change the formula my baby ks taking from nan opti pro to similac total comfort 1 this was advised by our babies doctor, the problem is that we forgot to ask him how should we change it, like just give him the new one or slowly change it?

Dr. Christine Hom
Changing formula: There are different reasons people want to change formula. While you could juggle percentage mixtures of the old and the new, I would suggest offering a small quantity of the new formula, wait a bit and try some more.
Your call: Sometimes a kid will easily switch from one to another. Sometimes they balk at the change of taste or texture & a blend is needed for transition. Be aware that whatever you do the first formula is still being processed for a couple days after you stop it. Any true change would be most apparent after that transition.