U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 35-year-old female asked:

I have what feels like a huge air bubble stuck in the top of my chest and back of throat. gaviscon is not working g, i've tried burping which isn't working. everytime i swallow or burp it is painful. do i need to go in to see a doctor ?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Marjorie Miller
26 years experience
Pain with swallowing: Yes you will need to see a Gastroenterologist who may schedule an EGD or endoscopic evaluation using a small camera.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 19, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.