ZA

my son 4 years old has got a rash over his tummy area, as well as on his arms and legs. rash is mostly on his tummy. note mother had shingles about a month ago and we used the same cream she had used for her shingles on his back 3days ago. ?

Pathology 49 years experience
Chicken pox: What you described is consistent with the child having chicken pox. You may wish to isolate him to prevent spread of infection to susceptible individuals who have not had chicken pox nor taking vaccination for chicken pox. Wish the child good health!