U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 42-year-old male asked:

I was told i am allergic to yeast and due to this i got spores in my lungs that it grows with sugar. the symptoms are much like asthma. i used to take a powder shake called target candida. the manufacturer shut down. looking for new solution. ?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatric Allergy and Asthma 37 years experience
Allergic reaction : If you have asthma symptoms, consider a virtual consult with Healthtap. The spurs may be sent for analysis including eosinophils. A blood eosinophil count and IGE level. Take an antihistamine and please have an allergy panel blood test. An infection can trigger an allergic reaction but most likely you have exposure without infection.
Last updated Sep 29, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.