Serbia

I'm taking methylphenidate 18mg + pregabalin 150mg daily and it helps. i have not noticed any withdrawal effects when stopping or any sign of dependence. how likely is it for me to get addicted to each, if i keep taking this same dose for years?

Dr. Steven Simon
Depends: Taking prescribed meds for a medical reason is using them correctly, as opposed to abusing a substance for its effect in the body. Addiction may have a genetic link as well, so I would ask if you or blood family has addiction to any substance (tobacco, alcohol,gambling, etc). Also, tolerance is NOT addiction! If you were to stop these meds suddenly, you would have this physiologic effect.

Last updated Apr 20, 2021